Thursday, October 18, 2012

frida kahlo in toronto

Not just Frida Kahlo but Diego Rivera, too, will be featured in an upcoming show at the Art Gallery of Ontario from Oct 20 to Jan 20, 2013. I'm not sure how those enormous Diego Rivera murals, which are so impressive, are going to be transported from Mexico City to Toronto. I'm guessing there will be more paintings by Frida Kahlo.

I decided to get ready for the show by decking out my hands like Frida did. Have you seen the photos of her painting with a ring on every finger and bracelets up her arm? I have no idea how she managed to lift a paint brush, much less lift it with apparent grace. Silver and stones are heavy. I think I'll restrain myself to just two rings and one bracelet.




2 comments:

  1. I'm determined to make a trip to Toronto before January to see this show. DETERMINED. (And, uh, remind me if I forget, please...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I remember to remind you.

    ReplyDelete